By way of the FCC, we gather the TiVo Vox Voice remote remains on track for a fall launch and that older Roamio hardware (running Hydra) will be supported via a USB Bluetooth dongle (vs Bolt’s native BLE capabilities). Details on voice interaction have also been prematurely provided, and behavior appears quite similar to Xfinity … which is a positive.
To issue a voice command, press and hold the button, and speak naturally into the remote. Release the button when you have finished speaking.
Here are some things you can do with voice:
- Search by title, actor, or keyword: “Find Modern Family” or “Show me some action movies.”
HINT: Add on to your initial command to get more specific. For example, after the command,
“Show me some action movies,” you could add “From the 80s…just the ones with Bruce
- Watch a show: “Play the latest episode of Modern Family.”
- Launch an app: “Launch Netflix.”
- Change channels: ”Go to NBC.”
- Go to a TiVo menu screen: “Take me home,” or “Show me the Guide.”