1. TiVo Lifetime Service subscriptions will no longer be available for sale after 4/15. So call now to activate or forever hold your peace. If you happen to have picked up a Lifetime Service card at a Best Buy or ebay, they will be honored once the Series 3 and Series 2 Dual Tuner come out. Additionally, the few remaining “loophole” Series 1 owners will be able to transfer Lifetime Service to the Series 3 or S2 DT.
2. Get a free refurb TiVo box by pre-paying for a year of service here.
3. Get a free TiVo-branded wireless adapter by signing up for one of the new plans. They may want to tweak their database since I don’t need to be welcomed back — two active (and networked) units are currently on my account. FYI the link (below) TiVo emailed me places the bundle directly in your cart and the fine print says, “Offer only available on tivo.com to people who received this offer email.” Your mileage may vary…
4. As you may have noticed, those dual tuner models have vanished from most online retailers. Once the Echostar trial has concluded and Lifetime Service is no longer being offered, we’ll probably hear something.
5. Also on tap in the near future… the updated TiVo Desktop software for iPod and PSP conversion and synchronization will be available for a small fee. Actually the software itself will be free, but you’ll have to purchase a serial number to unlock those PSP/iPod features.