Looks like the original 320GB/45hr TiVo Premiere is about to be replaced by a 500GB/75hr model. First spotted on Amazon, I now have more intel by way of TiVo that confirms the original TiVo Premiere will be replaced by this higher capacity model. Yet the even beefier TiVo Premiere XL and Premiere Elite will remain available, with nice price reductions. Speaking of pricing, monthly service fees also see a reduction as TiVo continues to tweak their sales model. Unfortunately, the cost of entry will rise from $99.99 to $149.99 for the larger TiVo Premiere when new pricing goes into effect Sunday, the 25th. Via TiVo’s outreach:
- TiVo Premiere $149.99: Records two shows at once and up to 75 hours of HD content
- TiVo Premiere XL $249.99 (reduced $50): Records two shows at once and up to 150 hours of HD content
- TiVo Premiere Elite $399.99 (reduced $100): Records four shows at once and up to 300 hours of HD content
- The TiVo monthly service fee is now $14.99 per month, with a one-year commitment, making it lower on a monthly basis than most cable offerings
- Multi-service discount pricing is now $12.99 per month
Perhaps related, as TiVo clears existing inventory, we’ve seen third party retailers recently lower the price of the 45 hour TiVo Premiere DVR. Not to mention I just received the email blast below pitching discounted Premieres.