We generally try to stay out of the press release regurgitation business, but Amazon’s delivered a series of fun holiday sales stats worth sharing. Here’s a sampling:
- Kindle (Wi-Fi) and Kindle 3G were the best-selling products on Amazon.com this holiday season
- On Christmas Day, people purchased more Kindle books than on any other day in history
- Top Movie Sales: “Inception”; “The Blind Side”; and “Toy Story 3”
- Top Health & Personal Care Gadgets: Philips Norelco Men’s Shaving System; Omron Digital Pocket Pedometer; and Philips Sonicare Essence Power Toothbrush
- The last Local Express Delivery order that was delivered in time for Christmas was placed by a Prime member and went to Woodinville, Wash. It was an Apple Mac Mini that was ordered at 1:41 p.m. on Christmas Eve and delivered at 8:04 p.m. that evening
- “Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue,” “Toy Story” DVDs, “Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover’s Soul,” NHL 11, Halo Reach and Call of Duty: Black Ops and was delivered to the hamlet of Grise Fiord, north of the Arctic Circle in Canada
Anecdotally, based on site traffic, it seems a large number of folks received Rokus, Kindles, and Nooks. How about you, get or give anything notable?