Looks like Slingbox SlingPlayer software version 1.0.5 is pretty close to being finalized. If you can’t wait, go download Friday’s beta. Major enhancements and fixes over 1.0.4 are noted below.
- Brand, new officially-approved TiVo remote control.
- The Video Tuning Wizard assists you in selecting the video settings that work best for your system without navigating the video options directly. Works even better now!
- Better connectivity so that EVDO users and VPN users will see fewer dropped Slingbox connections.
- Several bug fixes in the Installer for a smoother upgrade from 1.0.4.
- More complete remote control mappings for popular set-top boxes, including more keyboard shortcuts as well as additional remote control commands.
- Five new customized remote controls for DirecTV, Comcast Motorola, ReplayTV, UltimateTV, and Echo/DISH Network receivers.
- Improved remote control functionality for many devices, including but not limited to CyberHome DVD players, Moxi, SA Explorer 8600, and Toshiba DVRs.
- Easier & more straightforward device selection during the setup process.
- Updated support documents for this release. Both the User Guide as well as the Windows help file have been updated.
- Improved SlingPlayer for non-US locations. Now you can select your NTSC country from the menu during setup, and 4-digit channels are also accepted.
- A plethora of under-the-hood enhancements that fix bugs and concerns reported by our community in both the software and firmware.
Update 3/8: The official 1.0.5 Sling software build has been released.