The results are in… and the Olympics were boring! Overall the US finished second in both total medal count (25) and gold medals (9) without Bode Miller’s participation. The HD was great, but NBC’s coverage just didn’t capture my attention. I also felt used in the way events and participants were edited together in prime time to keep me watching… reaffirming sports coverage is more enjoyable when live.
TiVo crunched the numbers from 20,000 households to determine the top Olympics moments. Surprisingly, The Shani Davis Chad Hedrick Show didn’t crack the top ten though it contained my most replayed moments outside of curling.
TiVo’s Top 10 Moments:
- Canadian skater Marie-France Dubreuil slamming to the ice
- Sasha Cohen’s Short Program performance putting her in first by a razor thin margin
- Apolo Anton Ohno winning gold in the Men’s 500M Speed Skating
- Bob Costas interview of Silver Medalist Sasha Cohen
- Sasha Cohen performance at the Champion’s Gala Evening
- Commentary featuring U.S. skaters Kimmie Meissner and Emily Hughes
- Gold medal ceremony for Women’s Giant Slalom winner American Julia Mancuso
- Re-broadcast of silver medal win by U.S. Ice Dancers Ben Agosto and Tanith Belbin
- Julia Mancuso’s gold winning Giant Slalom run
- Russian figure skater Yevgeny Plushenko’s performance at the Champion’s Gala Evening