It’s been rumored that both the Series3 TiVo and the Comcast Motorola TiVo have been in beta testing for months. HD Beat apparently received confirmation in the form of Series3 pictures and info. There’s nothing we haven’t seen before January at CES and June in Vegas. What we really want to know is when will it be released and how much will it cost?
Archives For HDTV
Never enough time…
- Multistream CableCARDs (CC 1.0+ aka M-Card) expected soon. (HD Beat)
- Better Business Bureau rates TiVo as “unsatisfactory.” (TV Predictions)
- Samsung’s Blu-ray player comes factory-misconfigured. (Engadget)
- NBC new season preview DVD available to Netflix subscribers. (Hacking Netflix)
- UPnP specs updated. (eHomeUpgrade)
TiVo has notified both the FCC and cable operators that CableCARD compliant HD Series3 units are currently being tested and should be released to retail… soon!
Letter says: The TiVo Series3 HD DVR product supports up to two CableCARD decoders. This product acts as two independent single stream UDCP CableCARD hosts within one set top box. It can also be configured to operate as a single CableCARD device.
This product is currently being tested by a small number of consumers in cable markets across the country, and will be generally available in retail stores soon. Thus, we wanted to ensure that you are aware of this product in time to make any necessary preparations to support customers who request two CableCARD decoders for their TiVo Series3 HD DVR.