The TiVo Bolt narrative is coalescing…
We’ve seen the trademark filings. And we’ve seen the CableLabs certification. Now, by way of Google (above) pointing to TiVo’s own website (below), we can divine that the TiVo Bolt “Unified Entertainment System” will be a Roamio replacement. At least to start with. We know for certain there will be two cable-capable models and at least one over-the-air model – aka “Bolt Aereo” or “Aereo Edition” if TiVo’s page links are any indication.
Industry sources suggest this is primarily a substantive design refresh as they continue to rebrand. Indeed, these curved white set-tops are certainly unique (and won’t stack well). So, if you were anxiously awaiting TiVo 4k, I imagine we’re still tracking for 2016.
- TiVo Bolt appears in four USPTO trademark filings
- Two TiVo units show up in CableLabs certification
- TiVo Bolt and “Aereo Edition” prematurely appear on TiVo website
- TiVo Bolt passes through FCC
- TiVo Bolt to feature 4k
- TiVo Bolt interface is more responsive and slightly modified
- TiVo Bolt in pictures