Perhaps another benefit of the TiVo 20.3.8 software update is a framework to tabulate in-show tenor by repurposing those iconic TiVo thumbs up/down remote buttons (versus their original purpose to rate programming as a means of generating suggestions). Classified as an “experiment” by “TiVo Labs”, select customers have been recruited to test this new functionality:
If you’re interested in helping out, here’s what to do:
- Watch The Voice episode “Live Final Performances,” airing Monday, 12/16 at 8 PM/7 Central.
- As you watch the episode, please use the Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down buttons on your TiVo remote throughout the episode to rate the contestants’ performances.
- Really loving it? Press Thumbs Up! Totally hate it? Press Thumbs Down!
- You can use the Thumbs buttons as many times as you want throughout the episode.
- You can use the Thumbs buttons more than once on the same performance.
- Feel free to fast-forward, pause, and rewind as usual.
You don’t have to watch the episode live as it airs, but if possible, please try to watch the episode on Monday night. Sound interesting? Just watch and click — that’s all you have to do. There’s no online survey, just “vote with your remote.”
While TiVo’s collected this sort of behavioral data before, Continue Reading…