- new transparency options for Closed Captions
- support for new apps (some of which may start appearing next week)
- support for “low battery” message for new RF remotes
- fixed an issue where the grid Guide didn’t keep its place after scheduling a recording
- now will retry tuning requests after a Tuning Adapter fails to respond
- improved some issues related to transferring shows between Series4 and Series5 DVRs
While this doesn’t ship with the prime billing that the Fall Update did, it’s rather significant in a few ways. First, the SDV Tuning adapter hack has been something a sore subject for me since my days on Cox, but it’s not entirely the cable provider’s fault… as TiVo never gracefully recovered from tuning issues. Until now. Next up, Closed Captions are way less intrusive as you can see here. Lastly, we know at least one of the new apps will be the refreshed and modernized Netflix experience for Premiere owners. But does 20.3.8 also lay the groundwork for the upcoming Opera app store (shown above)?